Thursday, November 29, 2012

Year of China Events

This year at Reinhardt University it was the year of China. I attended two events here at Reinhardt. One was the stargazing event and the other was the Photo Exhibit, although I didn't actually get to attend the photo exhibit event because I had work but I went into Finch to look at all the pictures and I also watched the video made of China online.

 
 
FIRST YEAR OF CHINA EVENT: (Stargazing)
Dr. Gregory and other professors here at Reinhardt told us the story of the Chinese Valentine's Day. It was a romantic love story of Zhinu, the 7th daughter of the Goddess, and Nuilang, a young male cowherder. The Chinese Valentine's Day occurs on the 7th day of the 7th month in the Chinese calendar. They are the reason we have Valentine's Day. I learned a lot from the story while looking into the night sky and trying to locate as many stars that I knew and could remember. It was a fun and great night and very interesting.






SECOND YEAR OF CHINA EVENT: (Photo Exhibit)
As I said before I didn't actually get to attend the event unfortantly due to work ut I did visit the pictures and look at all of them and I watched the China video online. They were all very interesting and very good, I thought. In the photos you could realy see the different culture they have there and how they live and celebrate different events and celebrations. In the video made by Michelle Harlow's experience, it was really interesting to see how it really is over in China. It was also interesting to see all the things she experienced while there and to see all the things she saw.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment